View Single Post
Old December 11th, 2007
Apprentice

madjim is flying high
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Rings View Post
Did you read the conditions of purchase ... as most people should do before they purchase something. 6 months ONLY support & updates .. only during that period can you get another copy. If you want another copy without paying, then get LW BASIC it is FREE.

Since when does Adobe, Microsoft or any other major software company give free full versions of a software to anybody when their purchase support has ceased (including previous versions) without paying (there is usually some kind of time/other limit.) Perhaps some generous small time software dealers might.

I don't work for LW nor does this forum belong to LW.org.

You paid for a software, you received it & had multiple years use of it, your support finished. Do you also want a free replacement for your TV you bought ten years ago? woot

Older LW versions are not available because the Gnutella network goes through changes. Allowing older version software of any gnutella client to still be available when it's behaviour is detriment to the running of the network is not in the best interests of the users as a whole.

LW's recent forced update was also due to this reason which was explained to us by their employees.

I appreciate you taking the time to write this explanation but it doesn't get me what I paid for. The program was an older version but worked fine on the present network. Regardless of the changes you mentioned I paid for the ability to download faster which I can't do with the free version.

Problems like these will keep file sharing networks free because the companies won't make any long term profit. They will not get any more of my money for sure!

Microsoft and Adobe (I have purchsed software from both) send you their program on a disc when you buy a program so THIS PROBLEM CAN'T OCCURE If I recall correctly the Limewire install took place online and I could only save the download link, which I did. When I used it it loaded the present version of the free software.

TV's break down, software doesn't. No comparison.

Thanks Again, GOD Bless!

Jim