View Single Post
Old December 13th, 2007
Novicius

ifnotnowwhen57 is flying high
Default Firewall problems fixed Thank You

I just joined the forum; had to have my laptop restored to factory settings, and had to basically start over installing everything I had before. Installed limewire (basic version that I have used for 3 years) and couldn't get past the firewall...unfortunately I no longer live next door to the guy who got me around the firewall when I first rec'd this laptop, so have been trying to figure it out myself! I have Windows XP, lots of space, current versions, etc...I have been reading these posts over and over, then found the very lengthy post that shares how to view hidden folders, etc...I did everything that was posted as far as settings for my firewall (allowing exceptions, etc...), deleted the gnutella folder, resaved followed the link provided in a post, downloaded the file again, saved it and replaced it in the limewire folder, and then deleted both limewire and gnutella from exceptions on my firewall settings, added them BACK to my exceptions and holy cow after 4 days of reading and trying things, it really worked! BUT the last time I tried this, I don't think I had limewire open and running, so just reminding everyone who tries all this, to make limewire an exception it will not work unless it is open! Thanks for all the time you all took to explain these steps in detail for people like me! Much appreciated!