Thread: BS Problems
View Single Post
Old December 15th, 2007
Share Junkie

Nick Storm is flying high
Default BS Problems

Not sure if this is a BS problem, or maybe just a Gnutella problem. Running 5.1.0b25, using BearStart to get it going. Running under XP Pro with no firewalls, even at the router (this is a dedicated share machine). Also running Peer Guardian 2 with the latest data, as well as the current hostiles list.

I've had this problem before - uploads dropping to next to nothing, even though I'm running in Ultrapeer with connections at 26/45. For about the last 24 hours, uploads max at 1, and other requests just show up as red in the upload window, not even queuing them. Ordinarily, there are 10 to 12 uploads going simultaneously. I've rebooted the net connection, the router, and the machine, in an attempt to maybe reinitialize something that's been fubar'd. No luck. Either no uploads at all, or it'll max at one.

In frustration, I killed BS, and fired up Limewire (latest version). Within twenty minutes, there were 10 simultaneous uploads going on. Oh yeah - downloads worked just fine in BS, and in Limewire.

So, the above test narrowed it down for me - it's a BS specific problem, although it could have something to do with how BS is talking to the network (the horizon number is screwed up again - says it's '1').

Anyone have any idea's? I'm pretty good at troubleshooting this stuff, but I'm out of idea's, now.

Thanks,

Nick