View Single Post
Old December 24th, 2007
Devotee

Bryan73 is flying high
Angry Problem launching LW?

Kiki123. I have the same problem. If you have no objection, may I join your thread? Maybe we can solve it together. I have read a Stick from Birdy titled Connection Problems. He asks for information in order to help. I will try and answer the questions he asks, here.
birdy: This is for your attention, but not on Xmas Day.
Background Info: I downloaded LW Basic four days ago. It worked fine for two days and then produced the result stated by Kiki123 above. The last page shown after setup and installation warns of firewall problems and depicts three sample Internet Security warning pages. There is no 'Next', 'Back' or 'Continue' options. It only allows the top RH 'X'. I uninstalled the program but it has left one part of the program behind which will not uninstall. The part is titled: LimewirePeerServer LimewireLLc 1.32MB.
The screen message says:
Can't launch executable.
(The Launch Anywhere Properties File Is Missing)
Try re-installing the application.
I have done as instructed to many times to count, and I always finish up with same resulting fault. I purchased Limewire Pro two days ago and the program set-up and installed correctly placing two Icons on the Desktop, one of which has the shortcut arrow. I un-installed and re-installed the latest version of Java. Both Limewire Icons appear to do the same job, and requesting 'Open' or 'Run as Administrator' produces the same result as described above. It is tempting to suspect the un-uninstallable file remnant as the culprit, but the program failed to launch prior to me attempting to uninstall, which would seem to rule that out. Here follows the Info.. you require.
1. OS. Vista Home Premium.
2. Firewalls. Windows set to 'Off' with Limewire check box ticked as an allowed program. Norton Internet Security with Limewire selected as an 'Open'. Program
3. 3MB of RAM.
4. Hard Disk: aprox 225GB available.
5. Connection via Talktalk wired Router Adsl Broadband.
6. Model Smartax MT882.
7. Connected from House
8. Limewire V4.14.2. Java (TM) Platform. Standard Edition. Runtime Environment. Version 6.
9. My ISP is Talktalk.
10. The test worked and the message was visible.
11. I am not sharing the computer But I do have a second printer installed. But only one is the the default printer at any time.
12.this is my first try with any downloading program.
13. I do not see a brick wall.

If you solve this I will nominate you for a peerage.
Regards Bryan
Have A Nice Xmas