View Single Post
Old December 25th, 2007
Novicius

Coffeennicotine is flying high

To all of those who said thank you, you're welcome.

I wrote my first post only minutes after a 4 hour ordeal with LimeWire and the effin
12% load freeze problem.
I still remember getting past 12% and my heart lifting. It was all going to be okies.... until it froze at 19%.... dear god I almost went nutters over that....
Luckily it only took like 15 minutes to solve the 19% issue. But there is also the 3 hours in between that I couldn't go near my laptop for the fear of simply throwing it out the window to take into account.

So the whole sick thing took like 7hrs to figure out.... and the solution only takes 30 seconds to summarize....

Isn't that a betch?

Oh, and thank you all back for being forgiving on my saying "left click" instead of saying "right-click", as I should have.

Summaries of solutions below.....
Cheers.

KK, My friend and I both just had an excruciating experience with this on our windows vista laptops.. btw, we were running firefox ....

Here's how we BOTH fixed this problem.... this may only apply to vista machines tho... sorry

We changed the shortcut to and the limewire.exe file itself both to compatibility with windows XP sp2 by right-clicking the icons and going under the compatibility tab.

Then we right-clicked the shortcut and chose "run as administrator"

after doing this the program hung up at 19% and said something about a "save folder" being damaged or missing. after hitting the "OK" button on this dialog box another dialog box came up asking us to choose a folder to stand in for the "missing or damaged" saved folder...

We simply created a folder named "saved" and this solved the problem....

Solution By: ME!!!

How did you uninstall limewire?
If you're doing it via Add/Remove programs then that can cause problems!!
The correct way to uninstall is Start > All programs > Limewire/Uninstaller

Use your computer's search to look for all files & folders with limewire in the name. If you can't delete them, reboot into safe mode & then try. If they still won't delete, try one of the tools here...
Incomplete Download File won't delete at all.

Then when that is done...
Try uninstalling all versions of Java from the add/remove programs and then re-install the JRE 5.11 offline version....
Archive: Download Java 2 Platform Standard Edition (J2SE) 5.0 Update 11

Then install limewire using the offline installer...To find the offline installer, use the link below > cancel the installer window when it pop's up and then select the offline installer link...
Lime Wire » Download LimeWire

If that does not help with your problem try deleting your preference folder/s...
Fixes for Limewire when LW isn't operating as it should
LimeWire Pref Folder in Vista

Try these fixes:
Try uninstalling all versions of Java from the add/remove programs and then re-install the JRE 5.11 offline version....
Archive: Download Java 2 Platform Standard Edition (J2SE) 5.0 Update 11

If that does not help with your problem try deleting your preference folder/s...This will reset your configurations back to default and get rid of any corruption that may of happened...
http://www.gnutellaforums.com/window...ng-should.html

Solution By: Wondering Why

Last edited by Coffeennicotine; December 25th, 2007 at 10:00 AM.