View Single Post
Old December 31st, 2007
Disciple

Sonnentier is flying high
Default share but disallow to browse library

I would like to have the possibility to share all the files I have, but to deactivate the feature to browse my library.

Where I live a stupid company sends cease and desist letters to everyone using Gnutella, the goal is to have caught so many people that everybody knows someone that knows someone who got caught, a tactic that has already suceeded in my case. The people here say Gnutella is very unsecure and so dangerous that using it is very careless and they see it as being unresponsible.

The cheap workers in the "company" sit there all day and download stuff off Gnutella. Whenever they got a source for a file they are looking for, they browse the library, make screenshots of it and then send a letter mentioning "you were illegally distributing 288 files" and "you need to pay $6000", or similar.

Some egoistic fools started leeching so they have less problems. This harms the network and is asocial. Others continued to share and got a cease and desist letter. More and more get scared off and think Gnutella is the past, unsecure and "crap".

I would like to see the option to fully share everything you have, with high speed, but the option to disable the browsing of the library. Having the browsing of the library enabled here these days is actually dangerous. I think the option described above would be better for the network than if more and more people get taken offline..