View Single Post
Old January 14th, 2008
Apprentice

NPS is flying high
Default Windows Aero Theme (LimeWire Pro 4.16.2)

Sup all! Just wanted to introduce myself a bit. I've been reading these forums for awhile now but this my first post. Instead of posting a useless first comment I figured I share a theme I've been working on the last couple days!

I made it using LimeWire Pro 4.16.2. It has Windows Aero style colors and new images for folders, buttons, media player, search, ect. and the menu is a lot more visible. Basically anything editable was changed a bit. Hope you like it and any comments on things you like/dislike are welcome!

Note: I haven't tested this skin on older versions of LimeWire but I do know you need a Pro version for this skin work correctly. I tested this skin on a regular version, old and new, and it simply does not work unless your using a Pro version.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

*How to install with Windows Vista:

-Unzip the file into C:/Users/UserName/AppData/Roaming/LimeWire/themes/

If you do not see the AppData folder you have to unhide hidden folders.

Follow these quick steps: How to see hidden files in Windows Vista

-Once you have the files extracted in the the themes folder restart LimeWire and refresh the skins folder by clicking View>Apply Skins>Refresh Skins on the LimeWire Menu

-Then select the theme! If the theme does not enable the first time then reselect it!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

*How to install with Windows XP:

-Unzip the file into C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Limewire\themes

If you do not see the ApplicationData folder you have to unhide hidden folders. Open up Windows Explorer (click 'Start', point to 'All Programs', and then click 'Windows Explorer') On the Tools menu in Windows Explorer, click Folder Options then click the View tab. Under 'Hidden files and folders', click 'Show hidden files and folders'.

-Once you have the files extracted in the the themes folder restart LimeWire and refresh the skins folder by clicking View>Apply Skins>Refresh Skins on the LimeWire Menu

-Then select the theme! If the theme does not enable the first time then reselect it!
Attached Thumbnails
Windows Aero Theme (LimeWire Pro 4.16.2)-search.jpg   Windows Aero Theme (LimeWire Pro 4.16.2)-library.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: zip WinAero101.zip (52.3 KB, 829 views)

Last edited by NPS; January 20th, 2008 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Update - Windows Aero v1.0.1