View Single Post
Old January 15th, 2008
Apprentice

freebreeze10 is flying high
Question Please Please Help !

HELLO I am trying to find a artist and everytime I find one and it list the songs , it never had the green padlock symbol by any of them like it says it is suppose to. Is it okay for me to still go ahead and download and burn if it does not have this symbol. If not then why cant i find songs with this symbol...... HERE IS WHAT IT SAYS : there is a orange/yellow bar across the top of the search results stating: Only search results with a ( picture of a lock) are offical Limewire communications. If I click on the link "more info" it takes me to a page called VIRUS and TROJAN WARNING --which states:

We have received many warnings of viruses and trojans pretending to be updates to LimeWire in your search results. You can only be sure a search result is direct from Lime Wire, LLC if it has a (LOCK) in the quality column.
If you have run such an update in the past, LimeWire may be corrupted. You must update with the current official version available here to guarantee you are using the latest official LimeWire.
Also note that LimeWire connects you to other computer users like yourself in order to share files, so all of your search results are files from other users like yourself (i.e. - your peers). The only exceptions to this rule are search results with a lock or search results from spammers/advertisers. Learn more about the Gnutella network and peer-to-peer file sharing.

??????? WHAT DO I DO