View Single Post
Old January 15th, 2008
Airhead

birdy has a distinguished reputationbirdy has a distinguished reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetyhindy View Post
Ciao! I'm sweety and I'm new...this is my first time in a forum and I hope you can help me..Since I installed the new version 4.16.2 I can't open my limewire.Neither from the desktop or from start programs limewire.. When I click, It seams to charge the program but then nothing happen!!!What can I do?thanks for your help

Try updating your Java: Java SE Downloads
Download the JRE offline installer & remove any other Java versions before installing this one.

Next, delete LW's preferences folder when LW's properly closed. See point 3 here & also point 2 if you've used older versions of LW in the past (there could be a folder in either location).
Fixes for LimeWire
This will change all of your settings within options, you'll have to go back through afterwards & reset things. If you're not sure of your settings, go through LW's tools > options & write them all down, so that you can reset things later.
If you're using Vista: LimeWire Pref Folder in Vista

If that doesn't help, right click on the LW icon > properties > compatibility. For XP, try running in compatibility mode for Win 2000 or NT. For Vista, run in compatibility mode for XP.

Do you have Alcohol software installed? If so, look here.
LW starts then close, log: resolve_virtual_call

Do you have AllChars installed? If you do, remove that & see whether LW opens.

What OS are you using? Was an earlier version of LW working before? Which version?