View Single Post
Old January 17th, 2008
Apprentice

vansnoob is flying high
Default BS shuts down when downloading

hey guys. bearshare shuts down whenever i try to download anything. music, movies, whatever. i get a really long message that says this...

Error: Access viloation at 0x0056A83F (tried to read from 0x47575A56), program terminated.

Then, it shuts BS down all together. I've read in a few places on the net, that Bellsouth and Comcast are emplimenting new technology that blocks P2P signals. Is that what is happening here? It happens on both networks for me. I use Bellsouth at work, and Comcast at home. I use an old version of BS, because I don't like all the JUNK and malware that comes with the new versions. I use BS 4.3.5 version. It has always given me lightning speed downloads until about 6 months ago, then, this started happening.

I've figured out that if I turn the speed way down, and set my download users to 3 or 4, it will let me download. So, I'm thinking that my ISP is blocking the signal. Any ideas on how to unblock this, or set up something that will let me download without getting blocked?