View Single Post
Old March 28th, 2002
Apprentice

kathleen is flying high
Angry well, I'll tell you what I tried, and got...

I have downloaded the last several versions- multiple times-and not been able to install one f#$@!! single one! The last functional version I got to install and run was 2.2.3 Pro for OS X.

Some will decompress with the current version of the stuffit expander. for the others, if I changed the compressed file's suffix to .zip, it'd unpack, and leave a folder called LimeWire_Installer.app on the desktop. Inside are several folders that would appear to be what should be assembled into the installer, but are useless in the present state. I've attached a screenshot of the contents of this file- I hope it opens properly.

I tried writing to the Limewire people, and never even got a form-letter reply. I think I'm going to contact Paypal to see if they will retract the payment, as I cannot download the product. This is the first time in 20 years of computing I have regretted paying for shareware.

If they would address these problems, I bet they would get more users. As it is, I've had to apologize to friends who took my advice to try LimeWire...

thanks for listening to the rant- I hope you can get Limewire to work.
Kathleen
Attached Images
File Type: gif screenshot.gif (17.9 KB, 150 views)