View Single Post
Old January 19th, 2008
Novicius

bonheddwr is flying high
Default Connection Problem with Mac

PROBLEM - Never coonect to network. If I hover over the connection image bottom left it says "You are currently connecting to the network." Have done many searches, and tried some tips but cannot get it to work

1. OS version? Mac OS X 10.4.11

2. What firewalls you have? The Firewall that comes with the OS i.e. Firewall under System Preferences/Sharing/Firewall

3. How much ram? 1GB DDR SDRAM

4. Hard Disk space available? 219GB (on external hard drive)

5. Connection type? Broadband

6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers? AVR-8000 ADSL 2

7. Where are you trying to connect from - House

8. What version of LimeWire (LW) & Java do you have? - 4.16.2 / 1.5.0_13

9. Who is your ISP? - Plusnet - I have read that there have been issues with Plusnet, but was using it with Plusnet a few years ago with no problem.

10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ - It says 'Your test worked!'

11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up. - I have wireless installed using Airport Express. I use this eMac and occasionally a Windows laptop on the connection.

12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user. - 1st try for a few years. used to use it a lot on this Mac ] years ago, and had no problems.

13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface? yes, but I have turned the Firewall OFF under System Preferences/Sharing/Firewall and there is no other Firewall on the Mac therefore cannot understand why this is showing!

14. For those using a modem/router, how is your modem/router set up...are you port forwarding or is UPnP enabled? - I am not sure!! Basically the phone wire is plugged into the DSL Modem/Router, and my Airport Express is plugged into the Modem using Ethernet cable.

15. What security programs are you using (antivirus etc)? - None. No need on a Mac

16. What country are you living in? - WALES / CYMRU