View Single Post
Old January 20th, 2008
itsbrkn

itsbkn is flying high
Default BearShare Sabotaged

I read through your 1/17/08 post and used your BearStart link. All went well. I've setup all my downloaded music in one location: iTunes.
As a field trial, I downloaded one mp3 song using BearShare. The song appeared in my music library and iTunes.
All the folders in my iTunes library are marked for sharing. When I open "Library" in BearShare all my folders are there, but below is a list marked "My Files" and among other things two folders marked "Shared" and "Unshared". Only 13 songs out of a possible 1,163 songs are in the shared folder. There are no songs in the "unshared" folder. Also, in iTunes you can view files deemed Library>Music as well as synchronizing all music with the iTunes file library. My test song appears in iTunes Library>Music but won't synchonize so a copy appears in the shared iTunes library folder.
It is my desire to share all my downloaded music with the BearShare community but I'm stuck as to how to do this. I checked the version of BearShare I'm using and it's 5.1.0b25.
Am I not getting something here or do I need to proceed with process that will allow all my music to be shared.

itsbrkn