View Single Post
Old January 22nd, 2008
the colder , the better

blizzard_beast is flying high
Default another Limewire / Vista post but PLEASE read

I know a lot of you posted about this before but i gotta vent.I just bought a new HP desktop.i got plenty of everything to run this damn program (3 gigs of memory, , AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual-core 5600 + processor , Nvidia 8500 Geforce, 500 GB hard drive , etc.) yet... it worked fine on my old PC running XP but now i have Vista Premium and when i open Limewire it gets stuck on uploading from my shared folder.then it says it is 'disconnected' but when i try to 'reconnect' nothing happens.the most annoying thing of all is that it WILL NOT let me EXIT Limewire! even Task Manager won't do it.i have to restart Windows altogether! i checked the Windows firewall settings to make sure it allows Limewire to connect but still nothing! I got the latest Java update but it still doesn't work.I uninstalled Norton and got AVG but i don't think that's an issue.why can't Limewire resolve this issue? or is it Vista? i am starting to hate Vista and wish my PC came with the good ol' XP.also , i tried installing and uninstalling Limewire 3 (!!!) times.sorry , i know this is a lengthy post but i did say i needed to vent.please , if anybody has ANY suggestions i am all ears.