View Single Post
Old February 15th, 2008
Novicius

strider2678 is flying high
Default Limewire shutting itself down on start-up

I have loaded Limewire 4.16.6

My machine is running: Windows XP Home Edition w/ SP2, 1GB RAM, 20GB of HD space free and a DSL connection. I run Norton 360 with firewall but have given Limewire an unlimited access to the internet.

The install went without incident. I execute the program and get the loading icon as it goes through its self diagnostic/loading process. The Limewire window opens up and the bar at the bottom continues to load. Suddenly the entire program will shut down. The limewire icon is down in my system tray but when i bring my mouse pointer over it, the icon dissappears!

I have tried to un-install then re-install the program. I have gone as far as going into my registry after an un-install in removing anything associated with Limewire, then re-installing. I have checked my Task Manager for running programs and checked EVERY SINGLE PROCESS (there were 39 Processes running), but none of them were associated with Limewire. I checked my startup sequence for Windows XP and nothing related to Limewire were being loaded.

I am beginning to get frusterated. Does anyone else have any advice on what could be causing the crash or if I am missing anything? Any help would be much appreciated!