View Single Post
Old February 16th, 2008
Airhead

birdy has a distinguished reputationbirdy has a distinguished reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscopey View Post
Hi im having the same problem.

Im running Vista Home Premium, and recently updated to Limewire 4.16.6 now every time i re-boot my PC i have to delete the Limewire folder in "AppDATA" otherwise the loading internationlization error occurs.

Is there a workaround??
Try updating your Java. Use the JRE offline installer & remove any other Java versions from your computer before you install the new one.
Java SE Downloads
If that latest Java doesn't make any difference, try this older version. Again, remove any other Java installed before you install this one.
Archive: Download Java 2 Platform Standard Edition (J2SE) 5.0 Update 11

Also try changing compatibility...right click on the LW desktop icon > properties > compatibility. Run in compatibility mode for XP & see how that goes.

Otherwise, try reinstalling LW. Uninstall your current LW first via Start > All Programs > LimeWire > use the uninstall option (I use XP, so sorry if it's a bit different for Vista).
Now download LW again & make sure to download the offline installer. When you click on your platform to download, cancel the dialog box which pops up...now use the option to download the offline installer.

If nothing helps, you could try the latest LW Beta verison & see whether that's any better ('get Beta' button on the right side of the main download page).
Lime Wire » Download LimeWire
Remember to use the offline installer.

Last edited by birdy; February 16th, 2008 at 11:22 PM.