View Single Post
Old February 17th, 2008
Novicius

PawloA is flying high
Question getting audio from .bin files

Hi everyone. This is my first post so I thought of what I really needed. Anyway I have been downloading ISO and AVI files in order to burn them on DVD to watch on TV with a standard DVD player. All the AVI files I can burn to DVD and watch them but with the .bin files (VLC player can view them) sometimes I cannot burn them with audio. The files are converted to a DVD but sometimes I don't get any sound on them.
The .bin files usually come from the ISO image files which I pull and burn. I won't burn an ISO imaga file to a DVD if it is in PAL format so this is why I pull the .bin files. Now if these .bin files have one audio track (AUDIO1) then I don't have a problem. I get the problem if there is more then one audio file. In many cases .bin files have the sound on AUDIO2 so I have to find a way to get this sound to be heard or move this to AUDIO1 track. I use Roxio to burn the .bin files as it accepts these files just like .avi files. as long as the .bin files have sound recorded on AUDIO1 track then all is fine and any PAL or NTSC movie will be burned in NTSC with sound. The problem is when the .bin file has sound only in AUDIO2. Any suggestions on how to get a the AUDIO2 sound to work.