View Single Post
Old March 30th, 2002
Unregistered

>Originally posted by mrgone4662
>And if BearShare was blocking you then what connections of theirs would there be for you to block?
The ones that use my computer network resources by connecting to me to support their "network" that they charge for (by whatever means, spyware, adware).

Pay for clients will be "blocking" the free clients soon enough. It will be done when they form their own little networks after developing a user base off of all of our collective trading efforts and computer resources.

Stop them now!

>And now you claim that the alleged blocking by BearShare is destroying Gnutella, so you want to block people in some sort of defense?
No, we are blocking the client, people can still download a free client and continue trading without spamware/spyware, knowing their efforts are not going towards anyone's new car purchases. Network size remains the same because people just dump pay for clients.

No difference to the file trader at all, except for the lack of ads and SPAM!

This is good because it can happen over a period of time, not when some greedy client throws a switch and decides to make his own name brand network.
Shouldn't I get paid for providing the network services that they make a profit on? After all, it costs me electricity and connect fees doesn't it? Where do I send the bill?

I think we know your point of view by now. What your motivation is anyone's gue$$. This does not affect the users, it affects the people who are leeching off of our computer resources/time to make a buck.