View Single Post
Old March 30th, 2002
Unregistered

To be honest I don't really care about any of the features you've mentioned in the poll. Perhaps browse host. Integrated media players are completely useless. We all have our own preferred ones that are likely much better. Why reinvent the wheel? My computer can multitask. I'll use iTunes or Winamp to play mp3s, Quicktime or Mediaplayer to watch movies while Limewire runs in the background.

What I NEED is a reliable way to resume broken downloads. I know this is supposedly fixed in the latest beta, which I haven't yet been able to download (it keeps stopping halfway through).

What ****** me off the most when using Limewire is when I resume a download from the same site, same file and it disregards what i've got so far and STARTS OVER AT ZERO % wasting my time. There should be a resume button and it should NEVER EVER NO MATTER WHAT delete partial files. Why this isn't included yet is a mystery to me, but anyway that is the feature I would like to see most in Limewire. I suppose if I had a T1 or faster connection I wouldn't care, but man I want to kill someone when I see hours are wasted because the program deleted a 45 meg partial file when I resume dl'ing it from the SAME site.