View Single Post
Old March 30th, 2002
Novicius

bricriu is flying high
Default Help on compiling Windows LimeWire

This is a response to the guy who's having trouble compiling with ant, as well as to the guy running out of env. space:

in Re Ant path not found:
The compile.bat script that comes with the packages is missing a REALLY valuable piece of information in it. I've tried emailing the limewire folks, but the address provided failed. Anyway, where it says "set CLASSPATH=.;lib/collections.jar;lib/core.jar" or some such, it SHOULD read "set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;.;lib/collections.jar;lib/core.jar"

The %CLASSPATH% part is very important, because (assuming you've set up your Ant and JDK paths successfully), without it, you wipe the relevant directory values out, for as long as you're in that MS DOS window. When the compile script tries to run ant, it can't find it because it's not in the classpath, because compile.bat just changed it. Bothersome. Just edit the file (you'll need to do this in both the \core\ and \gui\ directories) as above, and you should be set.

<HR>
In re: environment space, this is easy. Right click on whatever icon you're using to get to the DOS prompt (unless you're using thr "run" interface... what rubbish!), click "Properties", the "Memory" tab, and crank some of those numbers up, up, up! (total, Initial Environment, etc) I find that an initial Env, value of 2560 is more than enough. Your mileage may vary.

<HR>
- Bricriu --- <I>Come from Manannan's court upon a brideless horse</I>