View Single Post
Old March 2nd, 2008
Novicius

strider2678 is flying high

Over the past two weeks I have updated my Windows XP Home Edition SP2 to the latest version of Java via Sun Microsystem's website. I have tried to install LimeWire version 4.16.6 for Windows XP after fully uninstalling all previous versions and removing their profiles in Documents & Settings. I do a restart then attempt to install the lastest version of LimeWire. A quick message comes up saying that it is removing previous versions of LimeWire, then the program finishes its installation.

When I execute the LimeWire program, it goes through the initial setup where I must designate the folder to save downloads to, etc. Before I can even complete the next window (where I choose if I want LimeWire to execute on system startup, etc.), the program just shuts off! No system error messages or anything!

I have tried to Uninstall the entire program, boot to Windows Safe Mode for the installation, but cannot execute it bacause Safe Mode has no internet access. I am forced to restart to Windows into Normal Mode where i execute the program and it (again) shuts down before I can get through the configuration process.

I have tried to take out any and all unnecessary programs an my windows startup via the msconfig utility, but it does not change my outcome.

I believe I have followed all the instructions from the LimeWire Fixes/Help page that was linked in the above response from Lord of the Rings.

I don't know what else I can do at this point? I just can't get LimeWire to work! Lol It's maddening! Is there anything else I can do?