View Single Post
Old March 2nd, 2008
Disciple

myharddrivejustgoterased is flying high
Default Please Don't Let This Happen To You!!! Help!!! - Hard Disk Failure

I have something shocking to tell everyone.

Hopefully, someone can tell me what happened. I was downloading mp3's like I always do and I was downloading a song and my computer started clicking. I have a Compaq Presario and I could hear it clicking. I was like that cannot be good. So, I attempted to do a Norton Antivirus scan, and my computer froze.

I restarted my computer to be greeted with a black screen that said no hard drive found. System restoration cannot be done! My whole computer was erased! I couldn't even restore the comp. Has this happened to anybody? Can you save your computer? Fortunately, I am still under warranty and I am sending my tower to be repaired. But, can someone tell me how this happened? I thought that you couldn't get viruses (especially ones this deadly) from downloading mp3 files?

The only thing that I could have think that could have done it is that I downloaded an mp3 file that said it was 1167 kb.

There are so many computer whizzes (I definitely am not one...*LOL*) that someone has got to know what happened. I am too frightened to download anything else. And I don't know if I can live without downloading.