View Single Post
Old March 8th, 2008
ReTired

Sleepless is just really nice

All music isn't illegal. E.g. take a look in the lounge here where I posted a link to the first part of the newest Nine Inch Nails release. The band have uploaded the torrent themselves, so everyone can grab it. Also this helps with the cost of distribution as people aren't just grabbing it of a server.

Like I said Limewire sucks for big files while BitTorrent is perfect for it. When a torrent gets added to Limewire, it gets renamed and in case of corruption, it more then once has happened that the parts already downloaded were unusable.

Regular BitTorrent programs on the other hand have no problem checking half done files and figuring out what parts are missing.

Let's just for discussions sake say that this is doable, because it is. Just the devs don't seem to care.

Firstly, Limewire has to stop renaming incomplete downloads
Then even if a file gets corrupted, it will still be possible to just add the torrent again and recheck the pieces that are already in the incomplete folder.

If that is done the failure rate would already be drastically decreased.

BTW I don't know if they have already done this, but I seriously doubt it. When they starting on making the Hybrid Limewire, they completely ignored the people saying that they were doing it wrong.

This is the same thing that is wrong when people are unable to restart incomplete downloads from the Gnutella network. Limewire losing it's connection with the file??? What make the connection necessary in the first place by renaming and performing unnecessary task..

Last edited by Sleepless; March 8th, 2008 at 04:21 PM.