View Single Post
Old March 10th, 2008
Apprentice

busy_bryony is flying high

Ah, I've had this problem too, I've just posted in a thread called negative downloading as some of my files are going backwards. I use the free version of Limewire, just upgraded to version 4.16 and thinking about it it is a file that was downloading when I did the upgrade that's having problems... but I realised that and deleted it (completely, from the recycle bin of my computer as well) and started again. The file I'm after is stuck at 52%... sometimes it gets up to 54%, but then always goes back down to 52% again - it's been like that for a week or so now, and I leave my computer on to download overnight most nights!

I was beginning to wonder whether it was my ISP... but you can't exactly go and ask them can you?! I'm intrigued by the Magnetmix.com suggestion. Since I can only download overnight due to only having unlimited downloads between midnight and 8am (when I'm usually asleep!) I can't download from a website as that's not enough time to download a whole film. What would happen to it when my computer automatically goes onto standby just before 8am? And could I pause it when I re-start my computer in the evening on getting home from work, until I could start it again after midnight? I only have a 1GB download limit/month during the day so one film would use up most of this on its own!