View Single Post
Old March 16th, 2008
Novicius

pouncer is flying high
Default FrostWire connection problem

1. OS version? (eg: Windows 98) WinXP Pro
2. What firewalls you have? hardware (router MI424-WR) and Norton Internet security
3. How much ram? 1024MB
4. Hard Disk space available? (plenty--23GB on system disk, plus other HDs)
5. Connection type? (eg: dialup, broadband, cable, etc.) Verizon FIOS (fiber)
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers? MI424-WR
7. Where are you trying to connect from (home, school, work, etc.)? home
8. What version of LimeWire (LW) & Java do you have? (Go to LW's menu Help>About LW...) Will show both LW & Java version. FrostWire 4.13.5
9. Who is your ISP provider (Internet Service Provider)? Verizon
10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there? OK (test worked)
11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up. I have a small home network, only one PC running P2P at a time
12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user. experienced user--I've read the forum and applied (I believe) the appropriate router protocols for LimeWire (port 6346, etc.)
13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface? yes

14. For those using a modem/router, how is your modem/router set up...are you port forwarding or is UPnP enabled? port forwarding on 6346 (and FrostWire is set up to listen on 6346)
15. What security programs are you using (antivirus etc)? Some people might not be aware that their security suite includes a firewall Norton (2008) Internet security. I also made sure that FrostWire was allowed and that port 6346 was good to go.
16. What country are you living in? Sometimes there are ISPs with the same name in more than one country (eg Clearwire in the USA & also in Ireland). USA

Thanks for any advise. First time installing FrostWire, but a long time user of LimeWire. I recently reinstalled all software, so older settings were lost. This is a new problem for me.