View Single Post
Old March 25th, 2008
Novicius

wesleysnipez is flying high
Default Connection troubles with vista

Here is the problem I have here I can not connect to limewire at all. Use to able to connect with my old modem until failed on me so got myself a new one and now it is not working here. I had this modem for atleast 1 month and works better the my old one.

1. OS version? (eg: Windows 98) If using Windows Vista, please tell us whether you have an Administrator user account.
Vista with admin access

2. What firewalls you have?
Microsoft windows firewall

3. How much ram?
4GB

4. Hard Disk space available?
138 GB

5. Connection type? (eg: dialup, broadband, cable, etc.)
broadband ADSL

6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers?
Zhone 6211-13-200 Installed by a service tech from the phone company
Zhone | Products | 6211 | ADSL2+ Single Port Modem

7. Where are you trying to connect from (house, appartment complex, school, student accomodation, work, etc.)?
House

8. What version of LimeWire (LW) & Java do you have? (Go to LW's menu Help>About LW...) Will show both LW & Java version.
LW: 4.16.6 Pro
Java: 1.6.0_05

9. Who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)?
mtintouch (Triangle Telephone and Central Montana Communications )

10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there?
Got the Your Test Worked

11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up.
No

12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user.
Experienced user - I used free version didn't work so tried pro and still same not working.
13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface? _ click here to see Sample image
yes

14. For those using a modem/router, how is your modem/router set up...are you port forwarding or is UPnP enabled?
using LW settings

15. What security programs are you using (antivirus etc)? Some people might not be aware that their security suite includes a firewall
McAfee antivirus

16. What country are you living in? Sometimes there are ISPs with the same name in more than one country (eg Clearwire in the USA & also in Ireland).
USA