View Single Post
Old March 25th, 2008
Novicius

axzed is flying high

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post
recently I had downloaded another p2p file sharing program(in which I won't name here) and was on the net about 2 hours when my curser started acting up and the machine started freezing up. My responce was to run Ad-Aware SE.This software said that it was a p2p worm and had it quarintined and deleted. one hour later,it crashed. After I rebooted and did a quick disk clean up everything seemed to get back to normal.But the next day(yesterday)I was installing an external drive,when I hit system restore the varmit came back, this time it took out my internet connection.All I can say is becareful what you down load........thanx Mad Hatter (796)

That's exactly why I popped in - I have lost my broadband DSL (Com port 80 is the problem-apparently) I also downloaded a track from LW too - no fuss, in & out with my spoils - (Heaven & Hell - Lizzy - WOW) Sygate PF has disappeared & won't restore from progs either. I ran VGA,Spybot & Win Defender on XP pro. No DOD all Easter (I'm Dreaming of a White Easter).
I am very not young, not pc savvy, but well stuffed.
I attempted XP repair but got scared when confronted with BOOTFIX
ooooer.
I am being forced back into the real world, but have forgot my lines.......help pleeeeeeeeez

Last edited by axzed; March 25th, 2008 at 11:56 AM.