View Single Post
Old March 26th, 2008
Gnutella Admirer

caseybob is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel
Smile Preference for generous sharers (chat always on)

Since I have a slow 256Kb connection and am frequently 'bandwidth throttled', the ultra-peers have come to my rescue whenever they can. I would like to see a LW application addition (if possible) that specifically rewards LW users who always use their 'chat' smiley for sharing. Since I have a very wide spectrum of music in over 1700 files, the number of hits in a six hour period for almost every file ranges from 200 to 500 (no exaggeration), with perhaps 25 to 30 [B]100% Complete.[B]Do the math...thats a ratio of thousands of hits to one Complete. I realize the primary problem is my slow connection (which I hope I can afford to upgrade soon), but the secondary problem is a great number of users, without sharing smileys, that inundate me with 8 different d'load requests at once, or keep punching the same song. If an application addition is not possible, then at the very least, a frequent tip should tell LW users that always using their share smiley will expedite their chances of better downloads. In short, a tip that appears often at start-up, telling users they will get more download help if they always share! Hope this is a good suggestion even for those who have a 5Mb+ ISP connection. Go LimeWire, caseybob