View Single Post
Old March 27th, 2008
Novicius

Sharpie is flying high
Default Having troublw ith connection on LW....says firewall but no firewall is on?HELP!

I have windows xp, cable internet (broadband), and a Linkskys WRT54G. I have used LW before the linskys with no problem. Now with linskys it has a firewall icon with one bar when i try to get the limewire to connect. I checked my windows firewall and it is disabled, no other firewall is on. I went to my linskys setup and UPnP is enabled. what am i missing, how do I get this router to allow limewire....i read somewhere in the posts on this forum that these routers can be tempermental. I dont know why it says I have a firewall at all. I did find one page that a guy said he fixed his similar problem with a bunch of adjustments through admin in linskys and it worked for him...problem is the next post was a guy that tried the same steps and COMPLETELY made his router nonfunctional. I dont want to mess anything up so if there is anyone who knows what the problem might be I would be very thankful for your support.