View Single Post
Old April 1st, 2008
Disciple

KoolerBlaster is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel
Wink Upload Limits Part Deux

Hey CB: First of all you have an older BETA version of LW,which the new BETA version is 4.17.6 and you would probably be better suited to go to the BETA Forum site located here>LimeWire Forums
your Java version is out of date as well,if you get the new LIMEWIRE BETA available here>Lime Wire » Download LimeWire Beta it comes with the later version Java 1.6.0_05. So this may not have been you,it may be that Beta version you have. You may want to go to the stable Basic Version which is 4.16.6 available here >Lime Wire » Download LimeWire.

As an experiment though I did get the new BETA version and put it on my PC I use for testing and it worked. A simple thing make sure after you make changes to click the APPLY button. Keep in mind that when you do make changes it will not be immediate,if you have peers connected it will take up to possibly an hour before it gets where you want it....unless you make the changes and apply them then close out and restart LW..... However the newer Beta version worked perfectly fine as in regard to your question.

Your internet connection speed is not going to affect the area you are concerned with other than having chat on,as I mentioned.

As for the upploads per person,they are not permanent...per se'. They are that way until you change them for every session.

Fast internet connection or not,I don't ever have chat on,it could help out an exploit(er) if you have one or if LW has one. So,it does not limit P2P,it just means that other peers either A) have to directly connect to your IP or B) have a specific search that relates to the file(s) you are hosting.

Now to answer the lost person of pmahoney.........

First of all the movie titles are not allowed due to possible copyright issues,and your e-mail address is not allowed to be posted either.

However, some people mistakenly name the file(s) wrong, or do it on purpose....for what reason I dunno. It has happened many a time to most of us, your BEST FRIEND is the PREVIEW button(keep in mind it does not work on all file types....but most) and can save you a LOT of wasted download time.

You can also use Bitzi by doing the following

How to avoid downloading bogus movie files:

right-click a file in your Search Window, scroll down to Advanced, select "Lookup File with Bitzi". You will find info regarding audio/video quality, or if the file is bogus or mis-named.
most AVI files that I've looked up are listed at Bitzi. Bitzi tells you about the exact file that you are considering.

Remember that Bitzi is done by contribution,so if you find a Bogus File...please list it in Bitzi!!

Regards,
KoolerBlaster

:Running Amok with

: AMD 3000+ OC from 2.0 GHZ to 2.2GHZ
: DDR RAM 1GB with 128MB shared with On board SIS Video
: RAM OC from 333Mhz to 400Mhz Kingston Brand
: 1 300GB Western Digital HDD
: 1 80GB Western Digital HDD
: 1 60GB Maxtor Diamond Max HDD
: 1 Lite-On DVD +/- DL RW ROM DRIVE
: 1 Pioneer DVD +/- DL RW ROM DRIVE
: 1 EIDE/ATA Controller Card
:Sierra Wireless Internet connection with 595U modem with Sprint as carrier(Sprint Rocks!) (I can use it at home....or on my laptop as I parade about the country)

Last edited by KoolerBlaster; April 2nd, 2008 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Because I wanted too.