Thread: morpheus sucks
View Single Post
Old April 2nd, 2002
Disciple

karlnapf_ger is flying high
Default Re: Re: morpheus sucks

well,

when i posted this, i havent read much trough this forum.
i think morpheus with its recent client is ok.
its friendly to all other clients and everybody is free to choose gnucleus, which has no spyware and no ads.
by the way, now there are really more files available with all the morpheus users.
i think bearshare and limewire are a bigger problem. this "blocking" from them causes a blocking on the openp2p side and nobody is happy.
so what are other possibilities?
1. everybody stops blocking, which would be great, but i personally think its too late
2. creating 2 subnets, which i think isnt very good for the end user, cause one big net offers more files.
3. create a new network which is only opensource, which would be cool, but if we are realistic has no real chance of becoming aa major file-sharing-platform for all the "normal" users who only care the amount of files.

so, for me, i'll watch this until a decission in there, and until then, i'll use gnucleus and qtella.
If this conflict isnt gonna work out i'll switch to audiogalaxy

this is sad, because gnutella is really great. now with its ultrapeers, which will come soon to all clients, it could be really powerful.
But i disagree using a client, which destroys the other ones.
there should be enough room for both, and i think bearshare is making enough money with the current amount of clients.
But there is nothing one can do.
the "normal" user, who uses gnutella and tries out all clients will realise that bearshare offers the most, even if its freeloading from the others.
so he uses bearshare.....many peaople will do this.
and then i think bearshare will leave gnutella and turn to another network, leaving gnutella back with a less size

but perhaps i'm wrong

thanks

Karl Napf