View Single Post
Old April 4th, 2008
Novicius

latssg is flying high
Default Copyright question

Hi, I'm Michael, I want to know how do I tell if a file on Limewire is a copyright file?

Quote:

"The LimeWire filtering feature is designed to help users share legally while protecting copyright owners. When filtering is enabled, LimeWire checks the status of the files before downloading them. If a copyright owner has requested that a file not be shared, LimeWire prohibits the downloading of that file. Enabling Filtering helps users share files with LimeWire more safely and responsibly."

Thats one quote the other quote is more confusing.

Quote:

"Right now, our filtering blacklist is not comprehensive and many copyrighted files may still be available on the network. Our goal is to eventually filter out all files that copyright owners do not wish to be shared with LimeWire. We are working to make the Filtering System as effective and error-proof as possible."

The second one makes me feel a bit uneasy.

Reason being because I have just got a mail sended by my ISP (Charter) that I downloaded copyright files. Which I completely did not know. (if your wondering I dled from isohunt I believe probably thats why it was a bad idea). I was wondering if the materials on Limewire that most even with filtering on that they not copyrighted things?

Please respond to this and tell me if what I say did not make sense tell to restate my question. Thank you!

Your friend,
Michael.