View Single Post
Old April 4th, 2008
Disciple

KoolerBlaster is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

With 1800+ files it will be a quicker way for you to get hits,with over 3900 files I get the same amount of hits,if you spend a lot of time on LW you may be being tagged as an Ultra peer, in which case you would get an even higher amount of hits,you may want to disable Ultrapeer from your LW,especially if your IP has bandwidth issues and is throttling it somehow. Normally,most IP's only throttle during peak areas, as I see you know.
Hits though are just that, Hits,it means someone somewhere searched a keyword in the file you are hosting. I will take a couple of snapshots of my LW settings and Hits after a few minutes, and show you.

The Beta Version I have been running on the test computer has some bugs,but not any in the area you are having issues with,at least not yet.
You may also want to think about not sharing the high hit files....I know this hampers the whole P2P theme....but hey,you gotta do what you gotta do.
If I were you I would try it as an experiment at the very least,to move your files to another folder temporarily and then share crazy files like txt and other things to see if you get the same amount of hits,if you do, it could be a anti-P2P group or person is flooding your IP, in which case I recommend you get PeerGuardian2 available here>Phoenix Labs » PeerGuardian 2
This is also Beta software and only works on most Windows systems.

I do lots of Beta testing,but on my other PC, and good quality software I find I post in forums like this and put on my laptop and this PC....unless I feel lazy or wont be at home for a few days,then I may do it on this PC or my laptop.

Regards,
KoolerBlaster

:Running Amok with

: Windows Xp Sp2
: AMD 3000+ OC from 2.0 GHZ to 2.2GHZ
: DDR RAM 1GB with 128MB shared with On board SIS Video
: RAM OC from 333Mhz to 400Mhz Kingston Brand
: 1 300GB Western Digital HDD
: 1 80GB Western Digital HDD
: 1 60GB Maxtor Diamond Max HDD
: 1 Lite-On DVD +/- DL RW ROM DRIVE
: 1 Pioneer DVD +/- DL RW ROM DRIVE
: 1 EIDE/ATA Controller Card
: Limewire 4.16.4 Pro and 4.17.6 Beta(on another PC,used expressly for testing)
: Java 1.6.0_05
: PeerGuardian 2 with latest updates
: Sierra Wireless Internet connection with 595U modem with Sprint as carrier(Sprint Rocks!) (I can use it at home....or on my laptop as I parade about the country)