View Single Post
Old April 4th, 2008
Apprentice

Basic.J is flying high
Exclamation A Question For The Wise Members (remove all traces of LW)

I have never had any problems using limewire but I need to uninstall it to sell this computer any buy another. Now most of my needed files ( music ) have been placed onto memory sticks I have about 2,000 songs.

( correct me on anything below or add your additions. I guess there are plenty of people here with much more knowledge than I. ) so here goes.

Before I sell this computer and buy my new on ( I have windows XP. HOME ) at the moment. I intend to do this.

1. Uninstall limewire.
2. Run a search for limewire and delete anything with ‘limewire’ that comes up in the search.
3. Delete the music on my computer that I do not need.
4. Run cyber scrub on my c/drive.
5. Run spy sweeper.
6. Clean out my internet cookies via c/drive.
7. Remove system resore dates keeping only my most recent one.
So that is that part and I know how to do it. But….

Should I ( been told it is a good thing ) download a programme called cyber scrub to clean my c/drive - hard rive , I have been told I should and have downloaded this cyber scrub.
I have a spy sweeper also that I got with this P.C.

So if I do 1-2-3-4-5-6-7- , and clean my c/drive with cyber scrub and run the spy sweeper will all my downloads be deleted and unrecoverable ?

I am guessing yes! But I know only this much ‘delete does not mean gone’
So have I covered all bases to sell my computer with no worry of the next owner getting my music files of both now and long deleted ones in the past.

I await your advice on this.

Last edited by Sleepless; April 4th, 2008 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Posts in bold are annoying to read!!!