Thread: morpheus sucks
View Single Post
Old April 3rd, 2002
Gnutella Veteran

Smilin' Joe Fission is flying high

Quote:
Originally posted by karlnapf_ger
well, i think youre 100% right when you say that gnutella and earshare need each other - in the moment.
but i COULD be, that the users switch over to bearshare because they get more files.
And then, why not leave the gnutella network?
i really dont think this will happen...but it could, and i thinh something like this has to be stopped.
It's true that it could happen. I just think it's highly improbable.

Quote:
by the way..i heard you're coding a client in VB.
is it possible for me to see the sourcecode cause i wanna learn something and the popular clients are all in c or too complicated for me :-)
That's right.

Unfortunately, at the moment, other than my data conversion module, I only have bits and pieces completed. I've been jumping around a lot within the project lately... First working on the GUI one day, then working on the back end stuff (Gnutella protocol stuff, database stuff, etc.) another. Also a lot of what I've been doing in the past couple weeks has been experimentation with VB to make sure it can do what I want it to do (I haven't used some of this stuff within VB before... like the Winsock control for instance). But, it's coming together somewhat quickly though, and I'll let you know when I have something substantial to show you.