View Single Post
Old April 26th, 2008
Novicius

Arkwright is flying high
Default DL problems

I absolutely can't download anything now, when I first got limewire, I always had a Turbo-Charged Connection, and I could download any type of file, now I can't get past a fair connection and it sometimes goes downt to a starting connection, and now downloading will occur, instead it will say connecting(X hosts tried) X being a number sometimes reaching in the thousands, so practically, Im wondering if theres a way to fix this or if theres a setting to correct or fix this. This has occured for about 4-6 days now. And the computer information.

1. what OS version (eg: Windows 98, XP,OSX, Vista) XP professional 64-bit
2. What firewalls you have ? Just windows firewall
3. How much ram ? 2gb
4. Hard Disk space available ? 1.3TB
5. Connection type (eg: dialup, broadband, cable, etc.) ? Cable (100mbits)
6.Modem what brand name & model numbers ?Arris TM502G
7.Router brand name & model numbers ?Linksys BEFSR4 4.0
8. Where are you trying to connect from (house, apartment complex, school, student accommodation, work, etc.) ? House
9. What version,LimeWire & Java, are you using. Go to L/W's Help/About L/W, THIS show both LW & Java version.? LimewirePro 4.14.6 and Java version 1.6.0_05 and 1.6.0__02
10. Who is your ISP provider (Internet Service Provider) ? Cox
11. Do this test click here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ should say 'Your test worked!. What happens ?
12. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up. Yes, this computer and one other
13. Is this your 1st try at LW, or is this a new problem with an experienced user.? New problem with experienced user
14. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface ? Yes
15. Have you given full permissions for LimeWire to pass through your Firewall ? Yes
16. XP users, Please state XP firewall on or off.? on
17. In Start & remove Programs, Is this update Installed, "Security Update for Windows XP (KB931261)" ? Yes
If Windows Updates are not seen, Tick the box at top of page, (show updates)
18. Are you using Manual Port faward in LimeWire OR UPnP ? UPnP
You can check HERE, IN LimeWire Go, Tools/options/advanced/firewall Config