View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2008
Novicius

The Numbre is flying high
Default Problems With Chat/Browse Host For More

I am currently on my laptop with LimeWire. I had an old version of LimeWire, then my cousin came over and installed LimeWire Pro while I was at work. It worked fine for the most part, but it would no longer let me Chat/Browse Host For More except on a few search results. However on my old version, I could do it on practically all search results. I uninstalled it and am now running LimeWire 4.16.7, but I can still no longer Chat/Browse Host on nearly all results like I used to.

I have tried numerous router settings. UPnP didn't help, Port Forwarding with Static IP did not work. I have tried uninstalling everything with a LimeWire name on my computer, and leftover registry data as well as uninstalling Java and installing it fresh with a new copy of LimeWire. Still no good.

Now, the other day my internet went down and I jacked a neighbors connection, it worked fine and turned up lots of Chat/Browse Host files like it used to. Then when my internet came back, went back to barely any results with Chat/Browse Host.

So I tried it on my wired PC and I got tons of results again with Chat/Browse host. So I thought everything would be cool and upgraded my LimeWire like it was telling me to do (That one was running an older version). Then my problem happened there too, went from tons to barely any Chat/Browse Host results after switching versions.
EDIT: I found the old version installer on the wired PC and tried it again, but was still have the barely any Chat/Browse Host sources.

Ive been lurking here for a few days trying to find out whats wrong. Reading posts and trying things out, still no help so I thought I would finally post to see if I can get somewhere.

Here is the System Details information as requested. I hope someone can help me out.

01. Windows XP
02. Windows Firewall (Ive tried it both on, and off.)
03. Not sure, but enough for things to work.
04. 30GB
05. 7mbps DSL
06. Modem not sure, Linksys WRT54G V5 router, recent firmware
07. Home
08. Limewire 4.16.7, Java 1.6.0_05
09. Qwest
10. Test worked.
11. Connecting wirelessly to my router from my laptop.
12. New problem with experienced user.
13. It says I have a firewall up, even though I do not.
14. UPnP wasnt working, so I set up a static IP with Port Forwarding. Still no luck.
15. Currently no anti-virus, just recently uninstalled McAffe. Windows Firewall.
16. Iowa, USA

Last edited by The Numbre; May 3rd, 2008 at 12:51 AM.