View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2008
Cleaning Lady

ursula is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

So, babyangeljmg...

You like to repeat the same thing again and again, huh ?

Well, our in-house medical staff has informed me that it may be best to suggest another form of treatment.

A Dockter writes:

I think it (or you) may have picked up the particularly nasty amphetamine virus that's getting around. Everything you listen to sounds fast like it's being played by The Chipmunks.
I would suggest downloading the latest valium antivirus software and giving your computer a good lie down.

Well, there you have it.
With advice like that how can you go wrong ?

In future, perhaps you could sort of limit yourself to ONE POST per question ?

In the meantime, here is another prescription that may ease the pain.

1. Download the latest drivers that are correct for your sound card.
(Yes, I know... You may not have a separate sound card... It may probably be a chip mounted on your Motherboard.)
In an ideal world - Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha - you should already have these drivers either on the CD that came with your 'real' soundcard or the CD that came with your Motherboard.

2. If... IF you have a separate sound card that plugs into your Motherboard, physically remove it.

To do this:
Shutdown your computer.
WITH YOUR COMPUTER DISCONNECTED FROM THE ELECTRICITY AND YOUR TELEPHONE LINE UNPLUGGED FROM YOUR MODEM/ROUTER !!!
Remove the sound card from its 'expansion slot'.

Start your computer... WAIT for it to be completely ready to use... At Least 5 Minutes !

Next...
Shutdown your computer. NOT Hibernate or Restart !
Physically install your sound card, WITH EVERY ELECTRICAL CONNECTION UNPLUGGED as mentioned above !

Start your computer.
NEW HARDWARE will be detected - Great !
You will be asked where to look for the 'Drivers' for your sound card.
Select the folder where you have saved the drivers OR, if you are very wise, use the ORIGINAL INSTALL DISK that came with your sound card.

3. If you have a sound card 'chip' mounted on your motherboard you will need to UNINSTALL the 'Device'.
Shutdown and start up again and the on motherboard 'sound card chip' should be detected.
The 'drivers for that should be on the Motherboard install CD that should have come with your computer.
If you would like advice on HOW to UNINSTALL an on Motherboard sound card chip, come back here and you'll get help.

I know, I know !!!
This may all be as good as Greek to you, right ?
Well, if it is, come back and someone will 'walk you through it', OK ?

Hey ! Aren't computers fun ?

They CAN be !
I just completed the downloads of three 'things' I've been looking for for at least the last 6 years !
And, they all finished within 5 minutes of each other.
If that isn't weird, what is ?

Last edited by ursula; May 3rd, 2008 at 12:07 PM.