View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2008
Apprentice

tempusfugit is flying high
Arrow Turbo Charged Connection or NOT

Hey Remoc:

Thanks kindly for the reply and information - much appreciated.

I'll be disappointed if my ISP is throttling my bandwidth - as I'm sure we all are / will be. My provider is ALIANT (out of Newfoundland, Canada) and I guess they're part of the ma Bell network....

I've only been successful in getting the turbo connect on about 4 visits (in a one week period)....as best I can recall one was in the afternoon and another was in the evening...don't recall the other 2.

Currently my connection is only fair - as it was last night when I made the initial post.

When I first activate LW, the brick wall is there....and my shared file count is (initially) at zero....

VERY quickly thereafter (30 seconds or so) my shared file number jumps to the correct 868 and the brick wall disappears....so, it seems to me that it may not be a firewall issue

I'd very much appreciate your continued assistance and suggestions as well as any other members who may have the "knowledge" to help me thru this quandry....I'm a retired senior and know enough about computer to be dangerous

Obviously some other members are having the same problem (see post by sueraw) and if there is a "common" solution it would benefit at least 2 members.

It almost seems to me that the "network" is not recognizing my ISP address as being a PRO user albeit that I do have the yellow / orange colored home page...

I do hope there is a solution to this - ironically, I seem to have had better connections prior to becoming a PRO user.

Thanks again for your kind assistance.

Cheers = Roger

Last edited by Remoc; May 6th, 2008 at 05:43 PM.