View Single Post
Old May 14th, 2008
Novicius

Jimbo07 is flying high
Default This sound similar to my issue

Hi All, I have been using Limewire for a couple of year now with no issues. This is the first time I have posted though as is the first time I have had an issue. Below I have copied the quiery I sent to Limewire techs (just in case someone outside of Limewire knows a solution). I have tried all of the solutions suggested, but still no joy. I need Limewire working as I am a phD English/Media Studies student and use to access rare or unavail movies in Aust. Details below:

email 13/05/08

"Upgraded Microsoft Office to 2007 (ultimate = Word 2007, Access 2007, Powerpoint 2007, Office Groove 2007, Office Excel 2007, Onenote, Infopath, Publisher etc...) as part of a university upgrade so I could use Microsoft Powerpoint 2007. After dowloading this upgrade (and paying for it) from the university's IT site (so should be OK virus wise), Limewire no longer worked. If I click on the limewire icon on the desktop the green startup box would appear, then it would display 12% "loading HTML engine" at the bottom of the green box and open up the "setup wizard" 'grey' screen. The "save folder" is set to Cocuments and SettingsUSERMy DocumentsLimewireSaved. The "shared folders" is set to Cocuments and SettingsUSERMy DocumentsLimewireShared (tick box ticked). The "Next" button is highlighted at the bottom of this screen. If I click on "Next" the screen moves on to "Miscullaneous Settings" and then this screen shuts down after 0.5secs.

Up until the Office 2007 upgrade I performed on 11/05/2008, Limewire had been working excellently with Office 2004 and it's various components (ie Word 2004). This version did not have Powerpoint, Infopath, Publisher, Onenote.

Could it be that these extra features of Office 2007 are interfering with LimewirePro? I have spent days working through all the fixes on the Limewire Forum. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and checked my exceptions in my virus scanners (CA, VET) and checked my windows firewall to ensure Limewire is set as an exception.

I am now frustrated. Please help me as I use your program to find rare movies for my film studies at uni so I need to have this fixed ASAP please.

Thankyou in anticipation

-------------------------------------------------------------
email today

"Hi,

Further to the issue I have already posted to you on 13/05/2008, the following also occurs.

Upon PC startup, the limewire setup page will load ie the first 'grey' page of the setup wizard will be on the desktop. If I click on "NEXT" button then moves onto the "Miscellaneous Settings" screen. I attempt to click on the "Next" button in this screen but it shuts down before I can do so (very quickly).

I am no computer wizard but I am very methodical/logical (research student). If I took a guess at the issue I would say that (Windows? or a function of it) is somehow realising that it doesn't like LimeWire after a few seconds (perhaps moving to the "Miscellaneous Settings" screen 'triggers' this response)? I can't think of any reason as to why Limewire worked fine before and now will not. The only change was the download of Office 2007 (Ultimate). Surely Office 2007 does not contain any firewall features or security features? The operating system has remained the same as Windows XP.
The only other possability was that my LimeWire dowlaod page was corrupted, but that seems a long shot as I tried to download LimeWire Beta but that experienced the same issues, so I have re-downloaded 4.16.7. I have also updated Java to the latest version avail.

I guess the big question to resolve is: Why is the setup wizard shutting down on the "Miscellaneous Settings" screen? Is it a LimeWire setup issue or a Windows/Word/CPU issue? I have scanned for viruses using CA (VET) Antivirus, Spybot Search & Destroy, Window Washer and have run RegCure to check the registeries. There are no error messages.

Please help me ASAP as I use Limewire to download unavailable in Aust movies for media studies at uni.

Thanks
-------------------------------------------------------------

Any Takers?

Cheers!
Jimbo