View Single Post
Old May 15th, 2008
Novicius

Jimbo07 is flying high
Default Problem Solved!! Hoozah!! (very important-read this please)

Via methodical troubleshooting I have worked out the cause of the "shutdown" on the set-up screen.

Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007 includes a number of "innovative" (read idiotic) features, which are of no use to the 'avergage Joe' but possibly of great time-wasting value to Executives. I refer to programs like Infopath, Onenote, publisher, visio viewer and my personal favourite GROOVE.

Whatever the hell GROOVE is, or does, it is not very 'Groovy' for your LimeWire.

Unless you are going to suffer cardiac arrest in their abscence, deactivate these 'executive features' especially GROOVE which is the cause of the shutdown issue during set-up of LimeWire.

To do this, go to Start ->Control Panel ->Add/Remove Programs. Select Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007 and click on the "Change" button. You then go to a blue screen with the option to "Add or Remove Features" (pick this option). You will then see a list of the programs within Office 2007. Click on the "down arrow" (in a box with a picture of a hard drive) that has the GROOVE name on it. Then choose "not available" from the list. A red cross should now appear in the box with the hard drive picture on it next to GROOVE. Click on the "continue" button (bottom right). The screen may flicker a bit or it may say you need to reboot for updates to take effect - this is OK (click reboot or let it do it's thing for a bit). The feature (GROOVE) should now be deactivated.

and........ You will now be able to set-up/run Limewire.

Worked for me (I also disabled the other 'executive' features I will never use like infopath & onenote etc..)!

PS: Moderators may like to edit this post and/or make a sticky to help other unforunates like me.

Cheers All! I'm off to download.

Jimbo