View Single Post
Old May 28th, 2008
Novicius

ThomasMind is flying high
Default Question about latest version

I'm using LimeWire Pro 4.12. I see that 4.16 is the latest. I'm wondering if it's worth the bucks for the upgrade. I'll tell you what I hope is in the new version:

Better anti-spam results. Some spammers have somehow created software that will automatically name their spam files exactly what you've entered in the search. I've identified them sometimes by putting gibberish in an initial search. If I'm searching for an audio file, I'll put in something like, "Goooooonnnie gooohooo bleeeb plob." Invariably, I'll get the search result, "goooooonnnie gooohooo bleeeb plob.mp3" Then I'll see the file size and know that all results for whatever I search are bogus if they're that exact size. It would be nice to be able to put in a block for a specific exact file size. That way I wouldn't even have to be bothered seeing their bs in the search results. It would also be nice if Limewire somehow could automatically filter out known bogus files.

It would also be nice if we had a "report as spam" feature, so that if a file got reported enough, it would automatically get filtered out.

Are these features in version 4.16? Are there any features since 4.12 that would make this upgrade worth it?