View Single Post
Old May 30th, 2008
Riding a Pale Horse and Wielding THE Sword of the Forum

Peerless is a jewel in the rough

hmmm...well when I've found myself in your shoes I would first uninstall the program (in your case a flavor of BearShare) then go into the registry and delete every reference to said program (yes, it can be a pain to look into every part of the registry to get every one of them)...then I would reinstall the program and then see if it worked...if that failed I would then back up all data and do a complete reformat and clean install of the OS...

I've found that the amount of time to go beyond editing the registry in an attempt to fix an issue is usually greater than the time it takes to do a reformat and new install of an OS....

if you have Norton System Works then using one of the utilities to check for windows errors might solve your issue....its pretty damn good at finding and removing registry errors..I have never used a program like Registry Mechanic, so I can't give any recommendations beyond Norton's which I've used for years...

So Long and Thanks for All the Files

Beware of the big 3 insurance companies in Texas! Read your policies carefully (maybe you'll need a lawyer) Allstate, Farmers & State Farm are overextended and their 'coverage' is worthless...a true waste of your money Read This