View Single Post
Old June 7th, 2008
Apprentice

wishing4aMAC is flying high

Well, I have followed all the directions as far as I can tell. I have even gone so far as to download the JRE 5.0 Upd 11 for Java instead of using the v6, uninstalled all my spyware, and even closed AVG and Zone Alarm (even thought they were set to allow). I still have the same problem - it gives me the opening then just doesn't. No icon in tray, no application. I don't know what the problem could be - I had gone in and deleted all limewire from the registry, downloaded java and limewire offline, from links, - tried to open, failed, deleted the preferences folder, tried again - went through the brief setup, then still no application. Maybe I just need to do it all again, wiping clean all Limewire and java, use the Java 5.0 offline, limewire offline, and keep all security stuff off the whole time?? That's crazy, but I don't know what else I could do. My computer is haunted!

Thanks for your help - Lord, Proxy, etc... I'm at wits end - especially knowing people can use it, including a friend who's just started! (Sorry for double posting - would like to keep all on this thread)