View Single Post
Old June 25th, 2008
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyrose View Post
I've been using Limewire for a couple of years now and I can't seem to connect.
Finding out the brand name & model number of the modem/router will help.

http://www.gnutellaforums.com/connec...t-connect.html

Another suggestion is to close LW, install FrostWire & if it connects, then close it down, re-open LW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by louispandolfi View Post
I can not connect Limewire. I've tried everying on the web site. Can you provide any futher suggestions
No we can't help much at all without these details as the forum rules specify you must include with your post *sighs* -> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)

You wish help on this forum yet you REFUSE to read the Forum Rules ? pfft !!! As a new person signing up to these forums you will have seen links to the forum rules at least three times. And they are listed at the top of each section of the forums.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirteenth View Post
I downloaded and installed free version 4.18.3 It worked fine at first but now when I start it it takes 10 to 15 minutes to connect. I'm on Rogers high speed. When I do connect it's fast as ever. Any ideas what's going on.
When updating to this new version it's best to delete your previous LW preferences folder.

Try deleting your LW Preferences folder whilst LW is closed; instructions here: Point #2 & 3 in Fixes for Limewire (sample image included at bottom of page.)

VISTA users preferences folder: http://www.gnutellaforums.com/genera...der-vista.html

Deleting LW Preferences folder in Mac OSX

Last edited by Lord of the Rings; June 25th, 2008 at 02:03 PM.