View Single Post
Old June 27th, 2008
Novicius

uarmashi is flying high
Default Can't get LimeWire Tunes shared library to display content ONLY in Limewire folder

I apologize in advance if someone has already addressed this issue; I've been searching the forums for HOURS and haven't found an answer.

Software: Limewire 4.18.2; iTunes 7.6.2

I have enabled "Look for shared Libraries" in iTunes, enabled iTunes importing in Limewire and configured LW to share my entire iTunes folder (4,000+ songs).

The shared library, "Ula's Limewire Tunes", shows ALL my music, plus the files in the Limewire folders. I thought the idea behind this feature was to allow easy access to the songs downloaded from LW; otherwise, what's the point otherwise? I can just arrange the songs by Date Added and see the same thing.

I've used LW before on Windows and didn't have this problem - is this unique to Mac or am I doing something wrong? Can I play with the settings somehow so that ONLY the songs in the Limewire folder show up? If I remove my iTunes folder from the list of shared folders in the the LW preference pane the problem is solved, but then I'm not sharing any music
on the network, obviously.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
ula