View Single Post
Old June 29th, 2008
Apprentice

martinelicohen is flying high
Default Sorry...here is the info...

1. OS version? windows xp. i am the administrator, i guess. i'm the only user.
2. What firewalls you have? i don't think i have any. but, not sure. i have mcafee but i don't think there is an active firewall.
3. How much ram? 480 MB
4. Hard Disk space available? unsure. don't know how to find it.
5. Connection type? cable.
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers? Router is Linksys and the Modem, I think, is Motorola. Not sure of the versions. Baby is in the room sleeping where the modem is.
7. Where are you trying to connect from? house
8. What version of LimeWire (LW) & Java do you have? LimeWire: 4.18.3, Java: 1.6.0
9. Who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)? Comcast
10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there? It says, " Your test worked!!"
11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up. No. Neither.
12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user. This has always been a problem.
13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface? _ click here to see Sample image No.
14. For those using a modem/router, how is your modem/router set up...are you port forwarding or is UPnP enabled? I have no clue.what port forwarding or UPnP is. But, basically, the modem is connected to the wall by the cable wire. The modem is then connected to the router.
15. What security programs are you using (antivirus etc)? Some people might not be aware that their security suite includes a firewall McAfee.
16. What country are you living in? Sometimes there are ISPs with the same name in more than one country (eg Clearwire in the USA & also in Ireland) USA.