View Single Post
Old July 8th, 2008
Novicius

giboni is flying high
Default Am I Crazy or is something goin onBear Share.....?

Hi everyone,
Apologize if this is the incorrect Forum.If it is perhaps a moderator can move it.I try to run Bear share almost every day and every night since I started OOL 30/5 Cable.I also run Limewire,e-Mule,KC easy,Shareaza,U torrent at the same time if my roomis are not using their comps.My hardware is a few years old but I have 6 Hds hooked up to this computer.In fact it is my designated File share computer with an N-lited Xp pro for speed and minimal resource footprint.Recently in the last few weeks my old version of Bear stopped working with an unable to query referenced memory error.Used that one once in awhile since it seemed to connect to more Hosts than later versions and used it to search for a particular song though the results were time consuming to go through v 4.6.I think showed 8 hosts connected and gave you a choice to the number.The one I run all the time is v 5.3 Pro.Forgot where I got it from no registration required. I actively support file sharing.
I was perturbed to see fewer and fewer uploads on Limewire,Kceasy and tonight Kc does not connect at all to Ares network.E-Mule a few months ago was a headache till I figured out what to do and it is normal now.You have to stay away from certain servers.I upload 300 to 500 Kbs at all times.My ratio since last reset is over 1000 to one.
Bearshare was always active and I seemed to be connected to like 50 peers I think and hundreds of upload sessions logged.Starting about a few weeks ago it got less and less.The last couple of days I am now a Leaf with two Ultra peers.The same ones for the last few days Maybe 20 uploads by the morning.Did find fast a couple of titles just now and they downloaded fast.
So reinstalled it etc.....Then tried other versions from my collection of BS and lo and behold after a few minutes setting up the folders they all seem to just shut down.Bs lite versions etc.In fact all the versions except the one I usually run.Tried to search in current BS for 5.10 etc. nothing.At any rate maybe a lot of people on Bit torrent and its just my imagination.With Media Sentry,ISPS throttling downloads blocking ports Im just getting paranoid.I have numerous old programs that are not found anymore like Spin Audio VST to Dx wrapper lite free etc that some people still can use etc.Oh well looks like its going to take 18 hours for BS 5.3 Pro to rescan over 60,000 plus files Will try the BS I got from this Website.