View Single Post
Old July 8th, 2008
Novicius

Music Rocks is flying high
Unhappy Communication Problems

I've just loaded limewire for the first time. I got the message limewire was unable to set up a port to listen for incoming connections. Some of limewires features may not work as expected.

I have ensured that I have made exemptions through firewall to allow limewire.

I have been onto the support website and have seen the message to fix communication port but after three very long nights still don't understand what I need to do to fix this problem.

I am with Telstra for security services and have rung them asking if they have blocked limewire. They said no.

I have followed the connections on start up under options then Firewall Config and written down the communication port number I have checked the proxy and Network interface and capabilities are all what the support website suggests.

I have then gone to my advanced rules on the firewalls settings selected add but then I really get lost and haven't got a clue.

Am I in the right place to fix this problem or should I be looking somewhere else?

I really am a novice computer user who is getting very tired and frustrated as I can't seem to work this out.

Could someone PLEASE help me.

THANKS