View Single Post
Old July 10th, 2008
Novicius

giboni is flying high

Hi,
Thanks for posting back.Well just finished repairing a computer I found in the garbage P-4 2.80 533 1M cachet nice machine.Not realy a repair.No HD no memory.Guess the former owner inadvertanly took out the bad parts LOL.Installed Xp Pro full and I am not N-uking it LOL.Install the old BS versions one by one.One thing I did last year was install several diferent versions and then switch the cores from one folder to another and then start them up.Was interesting.Could be why they do not work anymore except this one still works!!!Have to finish two more recycled Computers and not mess with Xp Pro! Or the Bear Share Versions LOL Also when I have time made myself a note to run regedit and manually go through it and start deleting whats left of the install entries.Bet this could be the Culprit on this machine.
Could not find the links you were refering to.Guesing PG2 is Peer Guardian 2.I have heard of it though not researched it will after this post.I keep 200 open ports on this machine and rely on Kerio FW free and TeaTimer Free to keep out Jerks hacking my computer.Needless to say to catch Trojans etc.When I notice that memory page usage is above a certain number in Task Manager know the comp is compromised.So far even despite my ineptitude at opening files without checking them have beaten these infestations in a couple of hours.Its actually quite challenging since many of them do all kinds of Nastys quickly LOL.Hope Hijack this stays free!
Would like those Links to play arround with and improve performance of BS.Did a bit of reading on this forum get the impression Old Limewire is losing favor.This perhaps explains why I get very few uploads these days.I have confused myself by playing arround with these versions of BS.I remember not to long ago I could see who was connecting searching etc.IP domain like comcast OOL etc. Is that specific only to a few versions of BS?Or did I somehow hack my working version to cause it to behave diferently?Guess I will find out on the new machines..Ah new used recycled that is LOL!And of course browsing my shared HD files etc. off.Do not want anybody taking a snapshot LOL.Well off to PG2 and some preventive security measures.BMAC is a cool easy program to use!Sorry about that insurance Scam.Texas has been in the News.FLDS kidnapping etc. Thanks for the response!!! Now to install this new Dual Wan router and figure out why this SB5100 modem all of a sudden got bricked up?Have spares anyways......"UP Rocks"...I am interested thanks in advance for the Link information and tutorial!